Some news to share!
* I am home! I neglected to mention this here but my family and I went on a cruise throughout the Mediterranean over the past two weeks and it was absolutely amazing :). We visited Spain, France, Italy, Greece, and Turkey and each one was astounding. There will be pictures on Facebook and such at some point I’m sure!
* I have a poem, “The Mermaid’s Winter Song,” in the current issue of inkscrawl! I really love this publication, they only do speculative poems of 10 lines or fewer which makes for some really great, pared down work. I’m very honored to be a part of it!
* My friend Sara Cleto and I co-wrote a poem that will be appearing in the next issue of the awesome Niteblade! It is a “Snow Queen” riff called “The Second Law of Thermodynamics” :).
* I’ve had two fairy tale inspired flash fiction pieces accepted by the new Scareship Magazine, one for their relaunch issue in September and one for their December issue! It seems like it’s going to be a very cool new magazine and I’m quite eager to read what they put together :).
* A poem of mine was accepted to appear in the new collection Futuredaze: An Anthology of YA Science Fiction edited by Hannah Strom-Martin and Erin Underwood!
The book is forthcoming from Underwords Press in February 2013 and was funded by Kickstarter. It really sounds fantastic (the list of contributing authors blows my mind!)
* My PhD studies at OSU start very soon! Orientation is on Monday and I’m so excited/nervous that I’m actually bouncing as I write this post. My to-do list pre-Ohio is about three pages long so I hope I can focus on that instead! I shall attempt to catch up as much with the online world as I can too :).